PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus YBTC View Post
My 2012 Titanium went in the dealer to get the steering repaired, the problem was mainly that when driving on highways with rain grooves running parallel to the direction of travel the car would wander dangerously. I think the EPS steering rack was replaced. That problem is repaired but now when highway driving in a cross wind (winds perpendicular to the direction of travel), even moderate winds, the cars wanders pretty severely. I have had other people drive the car and they report the same thing driving in cross winds so it's not a case of me getting used to it. It happens more severely than in other cars in cross winds. I'll have to read the rest of this 23 page thread to investigate this TSB and see what that's about but my car was built in Dec. 2011.
My car does both of these - wandering with rain grooves or moderate cross winds. I'm not even going to try to take it to the dealer - they've obviously had enough of me. May 2011 build.