Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbjday View Post
Just got my 2012 back. They replaced clutch and seal that was leaking. It runs like a different car. It never ran this good. Not even brand new. I sure hope it stays this way! I love it right now. Was ready to drive it off a cliff and end it's misery before this fix. Sure wish Ford would have looked and corrected this first, rather than going through all the software updates. I steered a lot of potential owners away from a purchase with my transmission stories.
Congrats. I hope it stays that way for you.

I sure wish that Ford would have the car throw a fault code when the clutches are messed up.

Instead the TCU and ECU conspire to make the car horribly annoying and frustrating to drive.

Mine won't even keep up with traffic.

Traffic pulls away, I step on the gas and nothing happens.

The traffic in front of me continues to pull away so I step on the gas more and still nothing happens.

A little more and it downshifts... and then falls flat on it's face for a moment.

By this point I figure I might as well smash the throttle to the floor, so I do so, and then the car drops another gear finally takes off, engine screaming and racing to the redline... JUST TO KEEP UP WITH TRAFFIC.

It's a real pleasure to drive, let me tell you.