Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Oil change time!
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 06:44 AM   #29
wickedgreyzx3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 34204
What I Drive: 2006 ZX3 Liquid Grey

FF Reputation: 17 wickedgreyzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews-bad-SE View Post
It's relevant nonetheless. A car is a big investment, and there's no reason to neglect or not take care of it, beit a brand new Ferrari or a high-mileage Focus. I'm like a lot of people here. My car is not just my hobby or my project, it's also my only reliable source of transportation. While the differences in oil may be small, they still matter enough to me (and I'm sure others as well) to take a moment and see what options are out there and what experiences others have had. That being said, I know my car isn't a real high-performance racing machine. But it is my car, that I've worked countless hours on to make it what it is. This forum is about comradery among automotive enthusiasts (Focus or otherwise) and helping eachother out, not poking fun or being condescending.
A car is not an investment, an investment is a risk you take to have a gain at the end of a certain time period.

A car depreciates nearly 30% the moment you drive it off the lot and continues to do so until it reaches a minimum value then will stay at that minimum value. That is not an investment.

If you really really think that your focus is going to care if you use the least expensive oil that meets its specifications or the most expensive oil you can find and make an actual difference in engine life if you change the oil on a regular basis, you my friend seriously need to lay off the bob-is-the-oil-guy kool aid.