Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Chevy Cruze Diesel on the way....
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #39
Lscman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95211
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Lscman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinstall View Post
LOL you make me laugh. Who said anything about illigel fuels? Who said anything about stealing? LOL I have 2 security clearances, there is not enough money in the world to make me steal anything and cause me to loose them....This thread kinda makes my day.
Thanks, my post was intended to solicit thought and reflection. Mission accomplished!

Please read my post closer though. I never said tax evasion through the use of cooking oil was illegal. It might be best described as legal theft or tax evasion. I never used the words illegal or steal. If you want to drive our public roads and have everyone else cover your share of the cost (tax burden), go ahead. But don't tell me that paying no tax is cheaper, duh, of course. The road usage tax burden to the consumer is over 50 cents per gallon in the form of Gasoline and Diesel taxes at the pump. If you're using the roads in a motorized vehicle you should be paying the road use taxes to cover them. Running cooking oil is theft of public services because road taxes are bypasses, but as of today, there's little law against this activity. It is always cheaper to avoid taxes, but that really isn't in the spirit of this thread comparing operating costs. Cooking oil is really no different than off-road fuel or heating oil from a tax evasion standpoint because taxes are bypassed in the same way. Mitt Romney is the master of tax evasion and makes no apologies, so why should you? Please feel free to laugh at folks who pay their fair share of taxes or pretend that using the public highway system without paying taxes to cover this work is fair or appropriate.

PS: The alcohol in E85 raises the effective motor and research octane of gasoline. It sure as heck does not lower it. If your work vehicles running E85 are detonating then their fuel delivery systems are defective causing an excessive lean condition. My Dodge minivan and Ford Taurus both love E85. The E85 program is a make-work program to benefit farmers. It does little or nothing to reduce our dependence on foreign oils.