Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - fog lights for 2013 SE
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
OPsDad
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108661
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Angry Dealer was not bad, the policies from Ford are bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPsDad View Post
You're missing the software. They have to flash the BCM and it has to be with one from a car equipped exactly like yours plus a 201A package. So you would have to have them find one BY VIN NUMBER! And, they WON'T. I unwound an entire car purchase because of this issue. The dealer took about a 3000 dollar hit in order to satisfy me, and I'd have let it go but they promised, then when it came down to it, they just would rather lose money than do the procedure.

Good luck, but I am willing to bet a dollar to a donut it isn't going to happen.
And in the above post, I'm not meaning to say BAD things about the dealer, I mean to say good things. They made me happy, even though it cost money.

And I understand completely the not wanting a generic wiring setup. You want the factory switch to work and the light in the dash to come on when your lights are lit. You want it like the real deal. Believe me, I know.
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro