Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Oil change time!
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #17
sailor
Crankshaft

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

Points 11,966, Level 71
Points: 11,966, Level: 71 Points: 11,966, Level: 71 Points: 11,966, Level: 71
Level Up 79% Completed
Level up: 79% Level up: 79% Level up: 79%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 79 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If you're still doing those road trips this summer, you'll be in the right area for the "FocusFest" !!!

With the Motorcraft oil avail. at WalMart (Ford Parts Guy actually was the first to send me there, they had it cheaper than his cost) I stick to the Factory Fill for now. Synthetic blend is decent stuff & mine gets low miles between changes so it works for MY use pattern. If I did a lot of miles, or "Track Days", I'd prob. upgrade to Mobil 1.

The Motorcraft & Wix recommendations are common, NAPA Gold gets some votes (Wix product?). Only other filter comment from me is to change it MORE often than Oil, NEVER less! Some Folks used to change it every other oil change, but it's been shown through oil analysis that filtration is MORE important than changing out oil that's still good. Getting the crud out is what counts, so cleaning the oil is good. When doing extended oil change intervals with synthetics, changing the filter at "normal" drain intervals is generally recommended.

One "Bud" of mine has kept a 944 going more than 25 yrs. of HIS ownership with Mobil 1, including track time & there are lots of similar stories. Changing it is more important than brand, you'll notice many brands will guarantee your engine if you use their products religiously!

luck!