Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Nightly Boredom thread for the Night Stalking TX Crowd
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #20080
bigdesignmachine
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73457
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black ST2

FF Reputation: 1 bigdesignmachine Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5ive View Post
Now to start defense driving.
Haha

I just finished mine yesterday online.

Got pulled over this past December but a State Trooper on the toll-road. He pulled me over for doing 80 even though I was in fact doing 75. He was an ass about it too....

Comes up to the car, gives the standard, "The reason I pulled you over this morning is...." He asks me, "Did you not see the police officer back there?" I ask, what Police Officer? His response? "I'm the Police Officer!"

I look at him and say...oh.

Sorry I consider State Troopers and Police Officers to be two different forms of law enforcement. Probably comes from having a father-in-law that was a State Trooper for 30 years. State Troopers seem to have much more prestige to their position. Its like comparing Nascar to F1 for me.

Anyway......so basically he says there must be something wrong with my car since I tell him that I literally was doing 75. He tells me I should take my car to the dealership and have them look at it.

He gives me a ticket of course....no warning.

I drive off and stick the car at 70 just to be safe since he feels my car is 5mph off.

He drives off and speeds past me doing clearly more than 75. Other cars pass me as well which annoys the shit out of me as well.

Needless to say, I took defensive driving to keep it off my record.

D R E A M S P E E D