Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #1990
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Im am still completely clunk free. I had my car loaded down with some friends from work yesterday and they're not little guys either. Not a single sound from the front end at all no matter what the road conditions were.

I found the best way to grease the bump stop is to head to wallmart and pick you up one of these.

It even comes with a little section of clear tubing that you can twist onto the end of the syringe. I took a plastic spoon and scooped up some of the grease I bought from autozone. (its actually a ford motor brand). Raked the grease into the end of the syringe and just kept adding more and packing it in.

Got the front jacked up, Wheel off. Reach up and give that plastic accordian style dust cover a turn left or right and wiggle it off. It just snaps in place.

Next I took a thin long screw driver and carefully inserted it into tip of the bump stomp and pryed it back enough to slide the syringe w/Clear tubing on it so that it would travel along side the strut shaft up deep into the bump stop and squeezed the syringe until I saw some grease come out. Then I gave the bump stop a turn (it will turn in it's mount). This spread the grease all around the area .

All done!. No more clunk! Snap the dust cover back in place.