Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Exploding manifold help
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 12:53 AM   #1
Nyberg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107742
What I Drive: 2002 sonic blue SVT ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Nyberg Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Unhappy Exploding manifold help

Bent valves, head redone car ran great. Boy flooded car plugged in block heater, tried to start car and the intake blew in half. Long story short car is back together and it just will not run properly. I have eliminated timing, vacuum leaks, tps, coil, iab valve as the culprits. I cleaned the MAF, I have the exhaust below the header off and it still runs terrible, which makes me think the cat is not plugged. Car is running rich, new plugs look moist, fuel pump kicks in. Would the 02 sensors not make a difference till the car warms up? I am pretty sure they do not make any adjustments till the sensors are warmed up Just do not know what could be causing the problem? No wiring issues that I can see, other than the pigtail to the coil looks ratty but i tested the plug to further down line and it seems to be fine. Off to find a code reader tomorrow and see what comes of that, any suggestions would be great.
The car will not hold idle and wants to die unless you give it gas. Even when you give it some gas it runs lousy.
Cheers
Gerry