Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Unable to get a price from dealers for 2012 or 2013 Focus?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #17
Nik00117
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58749
What I Drive: 2011 Fusion SEL, 2010 Road Glide

FF Reputation: 0 Nik00117 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My buddy in GA had a deal go like this the other day

Guy came to the lot, looked at the different vehicles on the lot and spotted a Chrysler 200 he wanted. He didn't ask the dealer for a price, he went home did his research went to truecar pricing figured that he'd add an additional $250 to that for service.

He walked into my buddy dealership sat down him said "I want this car, it's over there on your lot I'm approved with financing at 1.99% 72 months check is in my pocket, I checked the true car pricing here it is (pointing at the paper he printed of that very same car) I understand thats bare minimum for you guys if you make this easy on me I will pay $250 more then that right now, if you can beat 1.99% finance I'm interested in that as well"

Buddy looked at the deal, told his mgr who responded with as long as it's quick and easy do it and they did.

Deal done. My buddy made $200 on the deal however it only took an hour.

As a car sales man asking me what my price is possibly the worst question you can ask. Here's why do you have any idea on how many times we have answered that question and been screwed in the past? Best to know what the price is, print out the proof etc.

http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/ford/focus-pricing/

Dealer pricing is no longer a secret.