Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Unable to get a price from dealers for 2012 or 2013 Focus?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #16
ImaPoser
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109280
What I Drive: 2013 focus hb titanium in perf blue

FF Reputation: 1 ImaPoser Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yep. I'm in the middle of shopping as well. I found it idiotic that the five local dealers all have internet sales guys listed on their web site, but only one of them was willing to give me a sale price over emails while all the others wanted to either call or have me come in. I guess internet means different things to different folks.

I started going to dealers last week. One dealer wanted to play the four square game. As soon as I saw what he was starting, I got up and left. I got stuck at one of those dealers last time I bought a car and won't even consider a dealer who uses that sales tactic. Every other dealer I've gone to has given me a price, and when I get ready to leave, drop it down another $500 and say they are probably going to end up losing money, but will do it to make the deal. Right. All are within $500 of each other, about 2% under invoice. I just wonder how much is still left on the table to play with. I told them I will be buying as soon as ford cuts loose the auto show rebates as that is only two weeks away for my area.