Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Mudflaps - aftermarket?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #130
BlueIce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93794
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

Points 1,693, Level 23
Points: 1,693, Level: 23 Points: 1,693, Level: 23 Points: 1,693, Level: 23
Level Up 93% Completed
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 2 BlueIce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdiesel View Post
You guys are destroying the looks of the MK3 with those big ole mud flaps? The OEM ones look sharp enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdiesel View Post
Peacocking oversized mud flaps draws attention to the mud flaps. Doesn't make sense to me why someone would want to draw attention to mud flaps. Kinda like autozone hood scoops or cheese ball side vents. Maybe on an awd vehicle, and that's a stretch.

At least the OEM ones fit properly and are not crooked looking.

The MK3's have nice lines, those street sweeper mud flaps do an injustice to the looks of the car.
I don't have mudflaps on my mk3 yet, but I understand why people want bigger ones. On the cars I've had, all the tiny OEM flaps ever did was scratch the pain underneath. They never really worked as well as the bigger rubber ones.

With that said, I don't really think the huge ones look great, but I know they work better and won't scratch the paint. Maybe ones that aren't so ostentatious and oversized, but still a big bigger and more useful than the OEM ones?

www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293992