Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Look what followed me home today...
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #37
Drof Sucof
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109355
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Drof Sucof Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
The power is quite good but the main reason for the outstanding lap times is that it is one of the best handling FWD cars ever made.
It has been given credit as the best handling FWD car available for American purchase, but I do not know if thats exact. If GM would have put better tires on it from factory, instead of Conti Sport Contact 2's (Potenzas would have been sweet) it may have handled even better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5speed SE View Post
wow, that's really cool... what transmissions did you get? mine looks just like the sedan!
I got the manual (of course), and my "what is this third pedal" gf got the auto. Both are good IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdiesel View Post
Nice purchases. You guys do know the ST in the car and driver article only had one day testing right?
Thanks. I havent read too much into the st so I cant comment...all I can say is, I would rather have it than a cobalt, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swansong View Post
Yep, but even with giving it the benefit of doubt and taking say 3 seconds off, its time still shows the limitations of the car. It just needs a real LSD for hard track use.
The LSD would definitely be a big help. Between my old SRT4 and the SS/TC, it would be hard to go to a performance minded FWD car without it...but the ST could be the exception.