Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Unable to get a price from dealers for 2012 or 2013 Focus?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #15
PDQEagle
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9356
What I Drive: 03 Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 11 PDQEagle Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Go online the Ford site, where you put in your specs and it will tell you what dealer has it.

Contact Quirk Ford in quincy

3 years ago I wanted to buy an 08 Escape, tested them out and knew what we wanted, but wanted to sell the Durango first. Figured I'd have some time. Sold the Durango (gas hog) to the first looker for what we wanted (he needed the third seat) Met him at his bank (my bank also) transferred the $$ right there at noon.
Now no car. Went back to work in the pm and went back on line. Emailed Quirk, they emailed back the price. Asked for cc of the sticker to make sure it was the same car, they faxed me the window sticker with their price (now a $lK better than everyone). Same afternoon talked with the local dealer in Franklin Mass and he was higher.
Called quirk, said I'd be down in the PM after work. He asked if I had plates, said bring them. Picked up my wife, went down there tested the car, financed $10K (we have credit score over 800) with ford, gave them another $10K check and asked them to hold it so we could transfer the $$-no problem
Put the plates on and drove home. They even took care of transferring and delivering the new registration.
I've been buying cars for 60 years, and it's ALWAYS been a grind. This was unreal.

"QUIRK was great. If you're young, have a McDonalds job, no established credit score, or a trade, I doubt you'll get the same treatment. But QUIRK is the place to start

By the Way, I've (and my wife) had some nice cars

62 Corvair
Couple of Triumphs sports cars
66 Pontiac GTO conv
Ton of turbos
86 Dodge charger shelby
Ford Turbo coupe
Datsun 280ZX
Eclipse AWD
Mercury Capri turbo

I've had my current 03 Focus ZX3 2.3 for eight years, and it's the most fun car I've ever had, totally reliable except for swaybar links, and gives me 30 mpg all the time

Good luck