Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How-To flush ATX fluid and change filter
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #77
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

Points 3,181, Level 34
Points: 3,181, Level: 34 Points: 3,181, Level: 34 Points: 3,181, Level: 34
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 42%
Activity: 42% Activity: 42% Activity: 42%
FF Reputation: 25 amc49 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yes, no insult intended or meant at all there, sorry I'm so opinionated, a major fault I have.

I obviously don't know everything but sometimes I think I do..........however, I'm right WAAAY more than I'm wrong. It makes one develop a very fat head and I am the worst.

Just amazing to me how much misinformation is out there to befuddle those who apparently have trouble figuring that out (not referring to you of course). If one trusts what he sees and can repeat over and over he will very often be at odds with many others and brother I pretty much stay that way, and not from wanting to I assure you. They pretty much grew to hate me at the parts store because I would not oversell unnecessary parts, all they wanted was throughput and did not care how much of people's money they steal, all the time telling you (more like brainwashing you) how much they save you money. I don't buy that bullsh-t.

I don't believe in physical hard flushing, it can stir up particles that were stuck in the pan mud to fail an old trans very quickly. Probably different methods there, some think just pumping all old oil out the cooler line is a flush, thinking that not so. I'm not familiar with all the flush procedures out there but doesn't impact me anyway as I change mine the 3X drain way and it works fine, I even use the drained fluid as chainsaw bar lube so no loss there. I don't recycle to cost myself money but if I can recoup costs yeah, I'll go there. I put a pan drain plug in every car I have, so not commonly yanking pans any more. I don't necessarily change ATX filters anymore either, unless something has faulted they actually never stop up. Maybe one gets changed per car in its' life...............I cut the old one apart and look inside it for damage evidence.

Obviously I'm way off post like usual, I'd better stop now.