Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Unable to get a price from dealers for 2012 or 2013 Focus?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #8
Deesiel678
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105147
What I Drive: 2013 white SE hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Deesiel678 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
If I may play the devils advocate for a moment...

I used to work as a car sales person for 8 years. This was one of the many frustrating questions a customer would ask. "What's the price???" or "Give me your best price." On a new car, it's clearly marked... it's called MSRP. Oh, you want better/lower than MSRP?? That's fine. Commit to buying the car and we will gladly negotiate with you. Oh, you want us to negotiate without a commitment from you? What, you think we like to negotiate for fun? No thanks. When you are ready to buy we will make you a deal. Until then, the price is the one listed on the sticker. Good day sir.

Check Edmunds.com for invoice pricing and True Market Value. Look at Cars.com to see what prices / deals are being advertised. Find the car you want, research it, determine what you are willing to pay (be reasonable), then go to the dealer ready to buy. If your offer is reasonable, they will take it. They may try to play hardball (to hold some profit), but if you are willing to walk, they will fold.