Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #676
daemoniscinxi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72911
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium

Points 398, Level 7
Points: 398, Level: 7 Points: 398, Level: 7 Points: 398, Level: 7
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 daemoniscinxi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
This really makes my day, daemoniscinxi!

Have you got in touch with Jaclyn (username: FordIVTteam) on the In-Vehicle Technology team for help with MFT? I highly recommend it!

The In-Vehicle Technology (IVT) team can also be reached at 1-800-392-3673 (select #1 for English, #2 for Spanish, and then select #3).

Cory
I have not brought the issue up about MFT because it doesn't fail drastically enough anymore. Since 3.5.1 most of the catastrophic failures don't happen anymore, but the performance of the system is still poor. For a system that I paid a premium $$$ tag for, I would expect it to work as well as an iPad does (basically the same price!). Dragging the GPS map with your finger: shouldn't jump around and should be responsive. Entering an address: shouldn't pause a split second after typing a letter or number. From backing up with the backup camera displayed to going into drive: camera display should turn off instead of randomly getting stuck on. Bluetooth phone pairing: doesn't always connect. These small minor issues are what prevent most people to see the product as something worth paying for vs a unpolished turd.

If there is actually an upgrade to the hardware behind the MFT (the i.MX28 SoC from Freescale) or to the OS it uses (MS Auto), that I am not aware of, then please let me know and I would happily waste more of my time at the dealership getting it replaced.

ranting done.