Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus - Aftermarket Stereo possibilities.
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #269
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58905
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST3 OX White

Points 2,972, Level 33
Points: 2,972, Level: 33 Points: 2,972, Level: 33 Points: 2,972, Level: 33
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 7 BLarson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL330 View Post
I'm thinking I may get one since I have an S model.
My only suggestion to you and anyone else with the S model who is interested in this "newerstone" unit is to first look at the back of your stock stereo and see how many hookups you have for the stock antenna. I have two, as pictured a few posts back. As this is one of my major qualms about this unit; it only came with one hook up for the antenna which left me with very poor radio reception. And if you have two connections like I do, confirm with the seller prior to purchasing, that they have two antenna hookups supplied with the unit.

To look at the back of the unit is only 6 screws(small torx bit). And can be done in about two minutes (literally).

Pull this tab with your fingers.

Unscrew the two screws underneath and gently pull outward on the bottom of the facia.

Undo one clip^(controls the lock/unlock/hazard and other facia buttons) and the whole facia comes off.

Now (your S model may be a tad different) unscrew these four screws.

Then give the unit a little tug. And you should be able to see the antenna plugs.