Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Parking Aid Malfunction - Service Required
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #27
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,106, Level 34
Points: 3,106, Level: 34 Points: 3,106, Level: 34 Points: 3,106, Level: 34
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman View Post
Did the replacement wiring harness fix the problem? We're dealing with it now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyPlanet View Post
I have had this error now for 4 days every time I drive. It flashes when I slow down to stop and again when I speed up from a stop. I was told that the diagnostic says the module needs to be replaced. They are waiting on the part. Suddenly it worked again for a whole trip, but after restarting the car, it went back to the error code. (Figures I am 700 miles past the warranty coverage...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
I've had that and similar messages come up a few times but always when I start the car with my OBDII dongle connected. I can shut the car off and try to restart but most times I still get the message or a similar one. As soon as I remove the dongle and restart the messages go away and there is no issue...
Hey everyone,

If you're still experiencing this issue, making an appointment at your dealership so they can inspect is a great first step. Additionally, I'm happy to see how I can help as well; just send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name. We'll go from there!

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply