Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Oil of choice?
Thread: Oil of choice?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #43
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejordan View Post
I'm talking about turbo only vehicles. Ignore anything non-turbo. Also, I know plenty of stupid mechanics who are full of myths and rumors, and have never taken a physics or engineering course in their life.
I have been building Turbo 4 , 6 , V6 , V8 engines and turbocharging them for over 30 years my first was a Factory 79 Mustang Turbo , I build the engine , I build the turbo kits , I tune them on my DynoJet dyno , I have a Superflow inhouse flow bench just to clear up I am not some "stupis mechanc" I have built hundreds or Turbocharged engines and I use Mobile 1 50wt oils and will use nothing else , Now to flip this over I am not reading about this oil does this and is better because of the test shown or some number thats given to an oil , I test it in the engine then see the bearings , the Cyl walls , the crankshaft and see the ware , I have NEVER taken a physics or engineering course and dont need one , I can look at the engines ware , the temps it gets to before issues and know if I want that oil in my engine , how many engines have you taken apart to see if your letters / numbers in a book match what the engine ware is ?

Quote:
Tom, I'm talking about the Mobil1 in 5w30 in a turbo car. Not Mobil1 in general. I don't believe that you run Mobil1 5w30 in all of those vehicles.
You are correct , I use the Mobile 1 50wt Syn in everything

Quote:
Again, I enjoy talking the subject, but data is ultimately necessary. I am the only one here with data to back my specific claim.
Please don take anything above or this wrong , I am not trying to start an argument but your data is from books that are on the internet , have you ever run engines then taken them apart to see what kind of ware an oil has , hearings , Cyl walls , crank shaft , cam bearings . numbers in a book are great but a lot of times when it comes to oils they dont match with what I have seen , like amsoil , RP I see no less ware from them then Mobile 1 Syn but the # show there should be
Only data that counts to me is what I can see when I take an engine apart weather it be one pass or a full years race look at the bearings , that data you can use

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus