Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Performance Blue photo thread
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #28
PDX:ST
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105125
What I Drive: 13 PB ST3

FF Reputation: 1 PDX:ST Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by garate55 View Post
What kind of MPG are you getting out of the ST? If I knew exactly I would be getting 29 on my Titanium I would have opted for the ST... I like the grille a bit better, the only thing that turned me off was the 'manual' not that they are horrible but for the Seattle traffic it's not likely I'll have the clutch out much. My leg would get *tired*.
I've been tracking my mileage since I bought the car through Fuelly, and to date my average is 21.7 MPG. Not as good as I had hoped, but I do drive it pretty hard and the weather has been cold since I picked it up. Now that it has over 3,000 miles on it and the weather is warming up, I'm noticing the mileage increasing quite a bit. My best tank has been 26.7 MPG on mostly freeway driving and my worst was the first tank at 19.3 - they must idle the car a LONG time at the dealership! At least I'm averaging better than my 18 MPG in my old SHO.

I know what you mean about manuals and traffic! If I had to deal with Seattle traffic every day, I'd definitely have an auto for a commuter. Fortunately where I work and live I get to drive rural roads all the way and avoid the nasty Portland backups.