Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Strange Bumping Issue
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #6
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliky View Post
I'm like 90% sure it goes away after the tires are warm, assuming it's the tires. Unfortunately, it's hard to tell on almost all Jersey roads since they are bumpy to begin with -.-

Would the fact that the car mostly sits on an incline in my driveway? Nothing too steep but it's a bit of an incline make it worse? Also, the fact that it got worse when I installed the shocks make sense.

When I checked the pressure the other day they were all between 32 and 35 PSI. I'll make sure tomorrow they're all at 37.

Yeah, I forgot to say - I have Bridgestone Potenzas (RE970 AS Pole Positions) which are basically the same thing as the Conti DWS. I read that because they are performance tires and have more nylon in them that the Potenzas tend to flat spot more but I don't know if this is true.

Like i said, this only became noticeable recently when it started to get really cold. It could have been happening before but at a very mild level and I just thought it was the crappy Jersey roads lol

i find the DWSs flat spot much more that the oem contis