Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Tangerine Scream Ford Focus ST One Step Correction and Opti-Guard - TLC Auto Detail
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #13
Dave@TLC
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109483
What I Drive: TLC Mobile

FF Reputation: 1 Dave@TLC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old1030 View Post
Nice work, the before and after photos are a huge difference.

I have a question when using an orbital buffer, how much pressure do you apply? Also do you recommend applying the polish to the pad or onto the vehicle?
Thanks! I used a dual action buffer, with light pressure. It's a RupesLHF21 which is very powerful due to it's longer stroke, so it doesn't require a lot of pressure like traditional DA buffers. As for the polish, with a DA buffer I always apply it to the pad, and when I use a rotary buffer I apply it to the paint and "pick it up" with the pad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejordan View Post
Hey Dave, nice job!

I just did a 1 stage polish and used 22PLE glass coating on mine. So shiny!

These coatings definitely live up to their potential, I can attest.

After some rain, I went to wash the car and most of the dirt had already slid off, not to mention the car basically dried itself.

The 22PLE takes 5 days to cure, so a week later I added some Chemical Guys Black wax.

Car had 200 miles on the odo at the time:
Thanks! Looks like you did a great job on yours as well! I haven't tried 22PLE since I've been so happy with Opti-Guard and Cquartz Finest, but I've heard great things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrboy View Post
Awesome write up, thanks for posting.
Thank you! Happy to share!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMichaelAnthony View Post
I've seen so much holograming from dealerships it isn't even funny. And they say it is how it's supposed to be Fixed a friends car and we drove to the dealership to show them how it's actually supposed to be and he got his money back for the "detail". The guy was pissed that someone who is self taught and just starting out did a better job then he did. Apparently he was actually a detailer they have come in. Not a tech who knows a thing or two about detailing like most dealerships.
Yep, same here. The problem is some people's egos don't allow them to continue to learn their craft. I learn something new just about every day in regards to detailing and I have no problem admitting that. Glad you guys were able to get your friends call looking right!