Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - poor running conditions
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #9
katchoo22
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96637
What I Drive: 2002 Black Ford Focus ZTS Zetec-E

FF Reputation: 1 katchoo22 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to pull apart my long post. I really do appreciate it. I replaced plugs about six months ago, haven't done wires or coil but check them regularly and they seem ok. I replaced therm. housing/therm about a year ago, have flushed cooling system several times and am still getting a lot of rust, had a friend fabricate the tube running across the front from the heater hoses after the plastic one blew hot coolant all over my engine compartment. The radiator was replaced about three or four years ago so not in bad shape. DPFE sensor replaced about 6 months ago. Recently (last 2-3 weeks) new air filter, new oil/filter (x3 this year, oil looking very clean now), new pcv filter, pcv valve, pcv hose from dealer with heat shield, new clamps on all. Today's my birthday and I'm going to post this then spend the rest of the day with my face stuck in my motor and the rest of them can figure it out on their own (7 kids and a hubby)...MUAHAHAHA!! I have a new fuel filter, just hadn't had the chance yet, so I'll put that in today and do the other two mounts, double check wiring connections and grounds, check voltages. Can I release the tensioner on the drivebelt and take it off and check it and the pulleys that way? I'd have to do that to take the alternator to the parts store to check. I also believe I would have to remove the drivebelt in order to check the timing belt but I'm not certain. I'll inspect the clutch and fluid while I'm at it as I have had a leak. I'm going to remove therm. housing to get to that little pcv connector underneath, no other way I can find to get in there from top or bottom. If I'm reading my scan tool properly, the first O2S is reading high and the LTFT is high. I have a can of MAF cleaner. I'll do that as well as throttle body. I'll let you know if anything changes and see where to go from there. Thanks again.