Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Projector Headlight enclosures on ebay...
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #56
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95135
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Bliky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
The $700 ones on the first page of this thread. It states it can be setup with Halogen or HID. I thought the projector was designed for one or the other. Not both. So when they say it can utilize either or. Does this mean the projectors are really just the cheaper halogen projector and if you want HID you have to use those Ebay re-based bulbs?

AFAIK, A true HID projector is designed to focus the light output from a HID bulb with a razor sharp cutoff. If its projector is designed for a shorter halogen bulb the focus would be off and vice versa.

Just wondering for future reference in case these ever come down to a reasonable price.
If I had to guess the reason why it says it's compatible with halogen bulbs and HIDs is probably marketing. I can't imagine they would make a projector headlight and put it into production with it having no cutoff at all...

I guess we won't know until someone buys come... Maybe group by?
I'd be in.