Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #674
daemoniscinxi
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 72911
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium

Points 393, Level 7
Points: 393, Level: 7 Points: 393, Level: 7 Points: 393, Level: 7
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 daemoniscinxi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I brought my car in when it was shuddering in the parking lot and jumping into 2nd and 3rd gear and test drove it with a technician. They scheduled time to look at my car and they said they didn't find any oil on the bellhousing, but that they were going to do TSB 11-12-13 anyway. (which is good considering the tech drove it and said that the way the car was driving he was surprised I hadn't gotten in an accident already).

I got my car back after the clutch assembly being on back order for 3 weeks and it drives amazingly smooth now. It seems underpowered and more of a slush box now, but at least it isn't jerking around anymore. The tech said the seals were bad and they found it was contaminated with oil, even though there were no signs of a leakage on the outside of the bellhousing. They replaced my clutch assy with what apparently is the newest version (BV6Z-7B546-B). I'm glad I was able to finally get the dealership to replace it, this was my 4th visit (lemon law if the transmission ends up failing again).

The car drives (for now) the way a new car should drive. I can say I actually enjoy driving my car finally! Now they just need to fix MFT (even 3.5.1 is bad), and all the other small minor issues.

Last edited by daemoniscinxi; 02-05-2013 at 02:27 PM.