Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Are new 2013 Focus's having same issues as 2012?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #19
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Titanium View Post
What is it about this auto that "takes getting use to"? This is the first time I've heard people say this about an auto that supposedly works fine.
It drives more like a standard than an auto, but that also means it tends to shift like a kid from the short bus. IE you're going into a turn and you hit the accelerator. If you were driving a stick, you might downshift, but the car can't read your mind, so it stays in a high gear until you're uncomfortably far into the curve and way past where you wanted to be 'gunning' it.

If you put it in sport mode, it tends to downshift more aggressively, and of course if you really floor it the car takes off.

Also, a good number of folks (myself included) get weird noises from the tranny while it's shifting. I've been told 2 times by a dealer that this is "normal" and within "spec". Ford extended my warranty on the tranny to 7 years for free, so they must expect it to last.

It doesn't make the noise when it's cold outside, but it's normal. :\

With all that said, I really like this car. I just don't think there is a hatch for sale in the USA right now that is as good an overall deal. (my opinion).