raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
The other thing I hate (besides the 5-sec reset time) is that the timer can't be stopped and restarted where it left off like in my other Ford products. So if I want to time a trip, but want to leave out a short side trip, I have to do it manually instead of just stopping the timer.
My normal process is to reset trip1/mpg1/timer1 when I refill the gas tank and when I start a trip I reset trip2/mpg2/timer2. I don't pay much attention to the timer but I do with the trip and mpg. I find my mpg display is pretty accurate versus calculated values with tanks fillings but there is a tank-to-tank variation of as much as 2mpg. That is, the display may differ from the value I calculate for a given tank but averaged over several tanks and for the 15000 miles I've had the car the display average is within about 0.2mpg of calculated -- not to shabby...

I'm not sure what's different in the Escape that is does these resets much faster or why Ford would have decided to go with 5 seconds for any car -- just makes no sense. I've driven some rental cars where the reset is instant and that's maybe not a great idea either, but it really shouldn't need to be more than 1-2 seconds.

Brian