Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #1986
Uptcv1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88390
What I Drive: 2012 sonic blue SE sport DCT hatch

Points 2,514, Level 30
Points: 2,514, Level: 30 Points: 2,514, Level: 30 Points: 2,514, Level: 30
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Uptcv1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade-010 View Post
One thing I always noticed is that when I took it in and they put it up in the air to chk it, (unloading the suspension) the sound would go away for almost a month. so we will see what happens
Same observation, just had mine at dealer for 20k the works.. and had asked for loaner so they could check front clunk... I was positive they would hear it.. you couldnt miss it.. turns out they did the works service first and then test drove so by lifting the car the noise did go away... When they called me back saying no front end clunking I couldnt believe it.. asked them to keep it for the night so the tech can drive it home and back next morning put more miles testing.. They kept it.. Still no clunk.. Next day when I went in we did another test drive together sure enough no clunk... Lifting the car did a temporary fix...(Weird) Noise is now back after couple hundred miles..