200two-zx3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 108491
What I Drive: 2002 blue zx3

FF Reputation: 2 200two-zx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc49 View Post
You gotta be kidding..............if that logic worked then there is no need to ever change oil in motor or transmission again.

Repair shops just love people that think like that. You do realize right that new fluid cannot help hopelessly worn out parts because someone can't think enough to figure out that old oil caused the wear.

If you change fluid and car quits shortly after, then it was not changing the fluid earlier that caused the damage, not the new fluid. One is either smart enough to figure that out, or he isn't. The trans shops are ready and waiting for people like that.
Nope buddy def not kidding.... and if you read what I said I stated that if a trans hasn't had any "upkeep" but its still shifting id leave it alone untill u have time to rebuild it or do proper upkeep just changing the fluid will possibly remove the only reason it may still be working, also u state old oil caused wear that's incorrect the peices of friction material along with metal from the friction plates being left in the trans is what causes wear old oil just lacks the detregent power of new oil... and u state shops are all out to rip people off I'm intersted in how you'd ever have any machine shop work done when rebuilding a engine or trans or since u don't trust them you prolly buy the 20,000 dollar machines and do it ur self. The trans shop my family friend owns wouldn't rip people off and def wouldn't give me advise that is incorrect he's a master certed mech, also its just common sense if left without upkeep things fail, but to remove old oil and do nothing else ur just going to cause more problems, if ur at 150k and have never upkept a trans or engine just changing the oil won't help you do a complete rebuild or overhaul.