Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Modified my turbo manifold
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #13
inis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32050
What I Drive: 00 Zx2 s/r (yellow)

FF Reputation: 1 inis Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboy View Post
What are those coil packs off of? Sick looking manifold too!
Mercury Marine Coil packs is what they were intended for orginally. Now alot of aftermarket companies are using them as well as race teams. I know Huber's Mustang is or was running around 40psi with them and had no issues at all. They are something like 17amps each, I have two 25amp breakers running them out of sequential so they won't pop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulg127 View Post
You have individual cyl A/F trim how??? That function is not available in the Focus strategy until recently...
As Tom has said , I'm running a standalone. I can individually trim spark and fuel per cylinder, and with 4 widebands I can tune it very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
He is running a standalone

Tom
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSVTGUY View Post
Nice work, love the stand alone approach! Going to use a FAST unit?
Thanks, I'm using megasquirt. I was orginally using ms2 on a modified 3.57 board. I'm now running ms3x with a expansion board. The expansion board is for these widebands, VSS, oil pressure..etc (misc inputs). Although I had it installed before, I'm in process or re-doing the entire standalone install. I wasn't happy with how I had wired it previously. Made my own engine loom and all.

Here is a picture of the header installed.

megasquirt on a test bench:

and the engine loom I made: (clear isn't shrinked yet, need to label wires then shrink them)