Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Who Traded Down?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #106
slbenz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107708
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL Hatchback

Points 192, Level 3
Points: 192, Level: 3 Points: 192, Level: 3 Points: 192, Level: 3
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 slbenz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My 2012 SEL hatchback with leather interior was a replacement for my 2000 Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon. The Saab had more power and got excellent gas mileage on the freeway. But the electrical problems that I experienced that had me stranded several times on vacation and business trips, last year, prompted me to look for a replacement. The Focus actually rides and handles better than my Aero. That was the biggest surprise for me and my wife. The Saab was originally a $45K car when it was new and I purchased it nine years ago as a CPO from my local Saab dealer.

Only this past year did the Saab start to really have trouble being reliable. The front engine oil leak with an estimated repair cost of over $2000 was the last straw coupled with the electrical issues prompted me to look for a replacement, hence the Focus. It is actually a couple of decibels quieter on the freeway and idles much smoother than my Saab. Technology in cars definitely has changed in the twelve years between the two vehicles.

I do miss the memory power seats, heated seats, larger back seat and cargo area. Other than that, the Focus is a car my wife and I really enjoy, especially at the pump!