Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - poor running conditions
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
my_beautious_ZX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32386
What I Drive: 2002 charcoal XZ3

Points 1,267, Level 19
Points: 1,267, Level: 19 Points: 1,267, Level: 19 Points: 1,267, Level: 19
Level Up 67% Completed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 my_beautious_ZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katchoo22 View Post
I replaced the passenger motor mount and OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! I didn't even recognize my car.
haha, yeah, that's the response alot of us had when we replaced it. The passenger-side hydraulic mount seems to fix the bulk of the vibrations, so you might not notice as drastic an improvement after you replace the other two mounts.

Also, if the old mount was causing alot of vibration and/or noise, then it might have been covering up some other smaller engine/drivetrain quirks. So, don't be surprised if - after you get accustomed to the new solitude - you start noticing new noises or vibrations. They were there all along, but dwarfed by the bad motor mounts.

Quote:
since i'm going to be moving the coolant reservoir, I'll be able to get in there better and look at that bolt and pulley.
the same is true for the opposite side of the engine compartment - when you replace the driver's side (tranny) mount, you'll need to remove the airbox (and maybe battery cradle). With the airbox, intake runner, and cradle out of the way, you'll have good visibility on all of the components shoehorned in there, in case you're having problems with anything in that neighborhood. Eg., I'm not sure how a ZTS engine compartment is arranged, but that might give you better access to the brake booster. (It's also a good opportunity to slide your hand along the PCV hose to feel for cracks, which is a common Focus problem.)

Last edited by my_beautious_ZX3; 02-04-2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: testing the Edit button...