Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Turn off traction control for as long as you want?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #20
mustang0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96079
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy SE HB Sport Package

Points 681, Level 13
Points: 681, Level: 13 Points: 681, Level: 13 Points: 681, Level: 13
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 mustang0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMuffins View Post
So just to give you guys an update, I just went for a drive and went to a snow dusted abandoned parking lot to test this.j
After pulling the fuse, I got 3 warning lights, which I expected. (tcs, abs, and brake warning lights). I was supprised however, that nothing came up on the dash display saying anything was amiss. I even ran the system check, and it reported all systems normal.

Once I started driving, It was easy to tell what was disabled. The TCS, ABS, ESC, as well as the touque vectoring and brake bias control. All of this was expected, and it drove well aside from the brake bias on hard braking.
This is my only caution as the rear will lock up first, I assume due to the wight ballence of the car.
For this reason, I would reccomend not leaving this off for most driving, as the system does a great job when you are not trying to push the car to it's limits.
I do however, still want to wire in an override for the system, so this can be disabled easily if need be.
I have a possible fix for the rear brakes locking up. I'm going to put some Hawk HP Plus pads on the front this spring when I get my car out of winter storage. The fronts could possibly be aggressive enough to over ride the rears locking up first. If not I'll look into putting a manual brake bias control in like I have on the RaceStang.
65 Racestang 96 Mustang 2012 Focus SE HB Sport Pac 5 speed man. NewMission Cold Air, lunchbox Delete,Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, Steeda STS,Axis wheels, Blox shift knob,Focus elecrtic RMM, Injected 93 Tune V1 176HP 152Torque