Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Can rain sensing wipers be turned off?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
2k2wranglerx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96554
What I Drive: 2013 ST

FF Reputation: 1 2k2wranglerx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
Really?

When the stalk is all the way down, your rain sensing wipers will stay OFF. One click up on the stalk, activates the rain sensing wipers, any further clicks up on the stalk put your wipers to manual, ie: constant speed, the more clicks up the faster they go - like on every car.

You may also want to adjust the sensitivity of the wipers by turning the wheel/knob at the end of the stalk, that may make your rain sensing wipers work better.
my high and low constant on settings work fine. But at the first click up (the stalk) that puts it into "inter" mode pretty much means it'll be in rain sensing all the time.

From there you have the adjustable dial on the stalk. It doesn't matter what position i put that in, it's in rain sensing. even right in the middle, it'll be working fine and then the wipers will just go down (like i turned them off) until i either turn them off and on again, or adjust the dial again.

it's the most frustrating thing ever.