Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Getrag gear oil (hopefully the final thread on it)
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #17
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 152 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFocusSE5 View Post
Yes. Ford doesn't recommend that fluid.

Redline doesn't recommend that fluid either.

Why not just use the correct fluid? Do you have a spare $2,000 for a transmission rebuild?
Ford chooses the fluids for the MTX for what FORD plans the use of the car to be used for over the life of the car , when you change a car from its intent of getting you to work and for groceries to a performance car you then have to make other changes as well , engine oils and trans fluid is one of those changes

Change your fluids regular and it wont matter much what you put in there , they all will work , like stated I use mobile engine oil in the MTX-75 and the Getreg , I have never seen any improvement using the redline or RP lines of fluids and I am around some major teams that also have done testing and they dont use them either

To say a trans will go bad if you dont use the fluids ford says is silly as the car isnt being used for what Ford expected it to be used for

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus