Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Who Traded Down?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #105
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I went from a Nissan Maxima to the Focus! I actually still have the car but it doesn't get driven by me much anymore since the Focus is my "primary" car I guess you can say.

The gas mileage was surprisingly good on that car and actually seems to be really close to the Focus which is weird because it was a 3.5 and the Focus is only a 2.0 but I think my Focus is malfunctioning so that could be it

My friends and me to a less extent miss the fact that the car was huge and comfortable for passengers in the back but hey I'm driving so I dont worry about it

Of course the technology in this car is a lot better! I had an after market system installed in the Maxima which accepted iPod etc so it wasn't terrible but the Focus is definitely a lot better. Its better off safety wise too im sure even with it being smaller.

As far a thing I miss the most I will say by far it would be the fact that thing would haul a**! It seriously enstilled the feeling that I could pass anything if I needed too (Of course I miss being able to whoop my friends in their Honda Si's and Cobalt SS's too )

and of course the smoothness of the engine and transmission. The Focus seems rough compared to the Maxima. When you accelerate in that car all you hear is the slight humm of the engine and very slightly feel the occasional shift, very smooth! The Focus you have to rev up a lot more so you hear the engine and the transmission I am definitely not a fan of now that it has aged only a couple of thousand miles. Did I mention the maxima is close to 160,000 miles? I hate to say it but I don't think the transmission in this car is going to last as long as the Nissans which is still original. The only work that has had to have been done on that car is a crank position sensor, new radiator fan, and new muffler so its been very reliable. I just don't like the new Nissans though which is why I chose the Focus

Last edited by snow12; 02-06-2013 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Grammer Mistake!!!