Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - My Transmission is Better for Now!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #19
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,711, Level 66
Points: 9,711, Level: 66 Points: 9,711, Level: 66 Points: 9,711, Level: 66
Level Up 16% Completed
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Forum Activity 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejordan View Post
The 13's have an updated PCM and BCM as well as input shaft. Yes the -F is the updated tranny, but controlling the transmission is half of how it works... Most '13 owners are claiming smoother work. This could be due to lower mileage and that clutches take ~1k to fully bed in.

We still haven't been able to confirm if 13s are running 12B37.

Your argument about the different part numbers invalidates all of your claims. The engineers are way above your knowledge. Deal with it.

Not sure where else to go with this besides many claims of noting how '13s "feel" smoother. But I've also driven plenty of normal '12s.

So far, the '13s have no indication that they'll have DCT issues.
Keep the personal attacks to yourself.

There have been people who have complained of the same issues with a 2013 as occurred on the 2012 models with issues. That seems to invalidate your opinion.

I may not work for Ford and have intimate knowledge of every single change they have ever made, but I don't claim to. You on the other hand do seem to claim to be all knowing when it comes to this car.

So far I've seen many new 2013 owners complaining about shift shudder, along with their 2012 compatriots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN3F View Post
We have two new 2013 SE's - one with the 201A option. They both have the Power Shift gearbox. We love the cars but have found the gearbox to still have some hesitation/stumbling in the low gears - first and second - but not all the time. You can also hear some clatter from the clutches (I presume) from time to time - particularly at low speed, during cornering - but not real loud. The gearbox seems to be improved from the issues reported for 2012 models. We understand the concept of the auto manual and it may be that driving style can help - we found that using the throttle will smooth out stumbling. However, it is a concern and surprising that Ford would take to market an unperfected concept like the Power Shift gearbox - especially from one year to the next. This is my tenth Ford in a row as a daily driver and I have faithfully stood by the brand. Time will tell how we feel about these cars and what we consider for the future.
That's just one such example mentioning the clunking/ shuddering gearbox in a pair of 2013 Focus models at low speed. That seems to indicate that the problems still aren't resolved in the units that don't work properly.