Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - My Transmission is Better for Now!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #13
thejordan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107706
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Focus 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 4 thejordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Gaskets on the engine have nothing to do with the transmission by the way.

So far I'm not having issues with my transmission, which is why I'm saying that there does not appear to be any substantiated differences between my car and a 2013, ergo it should be exactly as reliable.

There was allegedly two versions of 12B37, an earlier version which kept the 6th gear shift point at 35 mph on light throttle, and a later version that only shifts to 6th at 40 mph or higher. But otherwise there has been no new revisions announced of the software.

Changing the axle shafts as far as service part numbers doesn't mean all that much unless some one could document what the precise changes were.

The input shaft seal changes were made to the 2012s as far as I am aware of, along with many other in process improvements as the year progressed.

Again what do changes to the pcm have to do with the transmission and the TCU? I know they talk to each other through the CAN bus but this seems like a minor change that may or may not do anything to the reliability of the components.

I guess I don't get it. Why is my car with a transmission built on or around March 30, 2012 exactly the same as the 2013 units supposed to be less reliable than cars built after the arbitrary date of 7/23/12 which was the start of Job 1 for 2013?
I just pointed out differences. I cross-referenced logs between '12 and '13 among different categories in excel. And you have a hard time defining substantial. If you've driven a '12 vs a '13, you notice a difference. You're playing devil's advocate with things engineered above your head, I was just supplying some info. I don't see this conversation going anywhere constructive. Your jimmies are obviously rustled for owning a '12. I've driven '12s that have no DCT issues as well, some cars act up and others don't. But when '13s start having transmission fluid leak on the clutch, then you can start getting upset.