Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - My Transmission is Better for Now!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #12
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejordan View Post
Yes, the F assembly is the last one for that, are you having issues with it? I can't tell if 12B37 is the most current software version or not.

Auto trans mount bracket
Clutch input shaft
Shift cable bracket
CV/axle assembly (left and right)
Shift shaft seal
Powertrain control module (11/9/2012)
Body control module

and a couple oil gaskets on the engine as well as steering components.
Gaskets on the engine have nothing to do with the transmission by the way.

So far I'm not having issues with my transmission, which is why I'm saying that there does not appear to be any substantiated differences between my car and a 2013, ergo it should be exactly as reliable.

There was allegedly two versions of 12B37, an earlier version which kept the 6th gear shift point at 35 mph on light throttle, and a later version that only shifts to 6th at 40 mph or higher. But otherwise there has been no new revisions announced of the software.

Changing the axle shafts as far as service part numbers doesn't mean all that much unless some one could document what the precise changes were.

The input shaft seal changes were made to the 2012s as far as I am aware of, along with many other in process improvements as the year progressed.

Again what do changes to the pcm have to do with the transmission and the TCU? I know they talk to each other through the CAN bus but this seems like a minor change that may or may not do anything to the reliability of the components.

I guess I don't get it. Why is my car with a transmission built on or around March 30, 2012 exactly the same as the 2013 units supposed to be less reliable than cars built after the arbitrary date of 7/23/12 which was the start of Job 1 for 2013?