Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #1864
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
sorry to offend you... apparently you get very easily offended. Also you paraphrased the heck out of what I said earlier. Anyways.... so, what do you recommend that I do, if you say the dealership techs lie so they don't have to repair? I'm sure you're aware of the "defect" I have and they said it was "normal operation." do you suggest I tell they dealer techs they are wrong? or just take it to a random shop then? tell me suss?
I am not offended. I would recommend you to drive the car, if it breaks under the warranty period then raise hell about it if you have to, but otherwise this conversation is not going anywhere.

There are some good dealerships who may be able to solve your problems, but they are relatively few and far between.

I've measured the temperature of the seat heater on the car, the dealer claimed to have read one temperature to my face and the service papers they printed up, trying to say that the cloth seats should have been 20-30F colder than the leather seats, but told Ford customer service that the car was reading the 20-30F higher so someone got lied to in order to prevent the car from being repaired. The same with the defective body work alignment from the plant causing the headlamp to rub on the hood. Both times I had a verifiable concern and they dismissed them out of hand. That time claiming the car had been hit when there was no evidence to support this claim. Ford says if the dealer says something then it must be true. The dealer says their hands are tied by Ford, etc....

But that's off topic, except for the tangential relationship to having been treated poorly for having spent the money on a new Ford.

If you don't have any concerns or doubts then drive it until the wheels fall off, otherwise try to stick to the topic of actual TSB updates or the thread will need to get cleaned up.

My DCT was built with the same hardware as the 2013s, I don't have any complaints so far, but I also have the earlier 12B37 programming as factory installed, so the car still shifts to 6th at 35 mph in auto or SST manual mode.

I can't tell you what your car's problems are as I've never even driven it.