Points 974, Level 16
Points: 974, Level: 16 Points: 974, Level: 16 Points: 974, Level: 16
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 4 thejordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I'm no noob to wheel fitment coming from the Subaru crowd and the beginning of hellaflush in venice beach, ca.

Rolling your fenders is a must, otherwise it's like wearing half a condom, it still doesn't work, and when it doesn't work... you're screwed. You can find a proper fender roller through most forums.

Have fun finding a shop that will set a bead on a 215 tire onto a 9.5 wheel. If they do, be prepared to sign a liability waiver.

A 215 tire is engineered only for 7-8.5" wheel widths according to most manufacturers. Anything beyond those means can be a safety issue and has no benefits.

You drive a focus, a 9.5" wheel is only going to slow you down due to the added mass. Rotational mass is the biggest killer to a car besides a reduced contact patch. An 8.5 or 9 would be easier to fit, look better, be lighter, and offer more grip, comfort, and safety. 17s are often cheaper as well.

You'll have to have camber adjustment for front and rear to get close to tucking at low offsets (I'd guess a +35 for a mk3). Most guys run at least -2 degrees of camber for more aggressive set-ups, and sometimes a fender pull depending on the vehicle.

Just because something isn't uncommon doesn't mean it's correct either. There are plenty of idiots out there, you don't have to be one.

Lower your car and put wider wheels, but do so within your means.