Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Transmission is Better for Now!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #6
fomenter
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107937
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE SFE

FF Reputation: 1 fomenter Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyall2010 View Post
Hello Forum,

I have just got my car back from the dealer yesterday after threatening "lemon-law." They were able to finally fix my transmission and it is working nicely, for now.

Here is the story:

I wrote a letter to Ford around Christmas and they called me two weeks from them. I was able to get a engineer to inspect the car when I bought the car in on 16 January 2013. It was in the shop until 31 January 2013. When I tried to pick up the car, it had a dead battery. I left the car in the shop one more day and I picked it up (finally) on 1 February 2013. It was a painful process and I drove a 2013 Nissan Cube that I did not like. I got 31.5MPG on it, but there are things in the car that I did not like. I hated the sytyling!

So far, the transmission is doing good. I only put about 100 miles on it. We will see what happens on the long term. I will put up a copy of my receipt tomorrow night, if you like. I got the BV6Z-7B546-B clutch assembly.

It has restored some of the confidence I lost in Ford in recent years. My concern of course is to see if it holds up. If it does, it will be good. If not.....

I also have more minor issues with the car, but I will continue to work with the dealer to resolve it.

It sucked that I had to go through the Lemon Law process, but I had no choice. The transmission needs to act safely and predictably (no matter if it is a stick-shift, torque convertor, CVT, or automated manual).

Let me know your thoughts. I also apologize to the board for not keeping updates, but perhaps it is best.
Your car is a 2013 or 2012?