Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How to: Tail light tint
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #44
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Points 535, Level 10
Points: 535, Level: 10 Points: 535, Level: 10 Points: 535, Level: 10
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The license plate lights on that car are brighter then the brake lights, LOL.

That light output does not 'look fine'... it is dangerously low!!

I sincerely hope that the reduced visibility of your vehicle does not get yourself or another person hurt like this:

http://www.pgjlaw.com/blog/2013/02/m...illights.shtml

"The accident involved a truck driver who had his taillights dimmed in 2010 with a paint called "Nite-Shades," in an effort to make his car look cool. Instead, it caused a 17-year-old motorcyclist to be unable to see the truck in front of him in Wildwood on Highway 109 one evening in April of that year. The motorcyclist crashed into the truck as a result, suffering paralyzing injuries."

Tinted taillights should be illegal. Oh wait, they are... it's just not enforced. So, by all means, continue making your car into a rolling road hazard, you probably won't get a ticket for it. And you probably won't get anyone killed or paralyzed because of it. So spray on another layer of tint!

That guy on the motorcycle was probably speeding, and the guy with the truck overdid it on his tint. You're all smarter than those guys, amirite? That could never happen to you. Probably not, anyways.

I'm done lecturing. Peace out and stay safe.