Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - My Transmission is Better for Now!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
i would agree it should as properly w/ no chatter, etc.... i'm a lucky one in that i've never had any DCT problems since day one, not a chatter, a grind nor a slip... silent , smooth and functions as it should... I know others have not had my experience and that's too bad.. Ford fell down on this one in that they did not sufficiently, imo, 'proof' the DCT before going to market w/ it.
I agree! I also think the 2013 transmissions are much better according to the board. Perhaps Ford realized they made a mistake and corrected it. I think technicians and customer service should be better educated on this transmission. I had two software updates (the 12-1-4A TSB and the 12B37 Customer Satisfaction) and it failed to correct the problem. I knew it was the hardware, which it why they had to replace the clutch. I did not ask (stupidly), but I would not be surprised if the gearbox might of leaked fluid.