Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Crank pulley on to far??
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #8
rachel4291
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 108796
What I Drive: 2003 silver se

FF Reputation: 1 rachel4291 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well an update, no good news but an update none the less....So in frustration we pulled the oil pan last night for a visual inspection of the thrust bearing, which still looks good. Measured crankshaft axial play at about .012. This time it was a fight to get the timing belt sprocket off (which did slide off relatively easily the first time when I replaced the crank seal) This sprocket is the one piece design with a raised washer attached to one side and protruding teeth on the other side, I had installed it with the flat washer side towards the engine. Also there was thin metal washer between the crank sprocket and engine, normally when I take things apart I put them in a stack in the same order to help with re assembly but I am not sure if this was in the correct place. The thin washer is now damaged and the front of the engine is also damaged from where the washer had contacted the oil pump hosing and was rubbing (basically rubbing against the crank seal and the metal that the seal sits in. If any one has an exploded view of the 2.0 SPI I would love to see it! The deeper I dig the more confused I am, the first time I did the belt the engine had been apart for a couple days first waiting on seals then on time to put it back together, so any number of mistakes could have been made on order and orientation. thanks for everyone's continued assistance