Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SYNC Update Available on Focus!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #714
dbenney
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1195
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 928, Level 16
Points: 928, Level: 16 Points: 928, Level: 16 Points: 928, Level: 16
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 dbenney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer View Post
I'm having the same issue after installing 3.5.1. It recognizes the song I'm asking it to play because it confirms it but ends up playing a random song. Very frustrating. It used to work fine in older versions.

Play artist works fine however. Also, if you manually browse for a song by going to artist, then album and then tap on the song name, it also plays a random song from that album. I tried resetting the system and no luck. I wish I could revert back to the old version as play song was the command I used the most.
I did notice that "play Artist *who ever*" worked fine for me also. I also noticed the same results if browsing play list and manually selecting a song with the touch screen.

I got a chance to do further testing today... My wife found her ipod. Hers is identical to mine an 80GB 5th gen ipod classic. I plugged it in and it recognized it, and after indexing and building voice commands it worked flawlessly. The commands "play song *whatever*" or "play *whatever*" worked as intended. I am guessing that my playlist metadata somehow got corrupted. I am gonna try a wipe of my ipod and rebuilding my playlist.
When I first updated to 3.5.1 I didnt have this issue, it jsut started happening a few days later. I will report back after i get my playlist rebuilt and do some testing.