Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #1862
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
calm down buddy, I double posted by mistake.
And I have not had any problems. So when you say 'every new 2013 owner has also seen to have compained"... is not true. I thought I had a defect, but the dealers said it's normal operation. The tech also said that 95% of complaints is because people don't know how the DCT works.
I am perfectly calm, however when you spout that 0% of the 2013s have reported issues and the 2012s have a large number of reported issues without facts just based on the personal opinion that your one car is fine, and that you haven't been reading a lot of complaints about the 2013s does not a valid statistical fact make.

The dealer says everything is normal operation just to get out of repairing a car however, so I can't also take their word at face value. The car should not shudder, buck or jerk under normal conditions from a stop or during a shift. Yes there will be some slight differences in feel and sound over a torque converter backed planetary automatic, but that's because its a computer shifted dual clutch manual transmission.

You also have to filter out the complaints about not liking the way its supposed to work, with those who already know how its supposed to work yet still have mechanical or electrical issues such as faulty input shaft seals leaking onto the clutch causing it to get coated in oil, or a glazed clutch disk through a myriad of driving conditions which can cause all sorts of real issues.

The dealers tend to lie right to your face about things however, heck they told me one thing in relation to an issue with my heated seats yet told ford something completely different just to get out of fixing them.