Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - One Year Later - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #43
JMD787
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91481
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Ti 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 JMD787 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
So you dumped your Focus and lost a good chunk of money, spent even more money on an Accord Sport, and you're only getting 2-3MPG better than the Focus? That sounds like a poor financial decision to me, but I'm glad you're happy. I was once considering dumping my Focus, but it wasn't for an MPG gain. It was me being stupid. Either way, my MPG in my Focus has been great, no complaints.

Back to the OP's topic, my car drives straight as an arrow in city and on highway here in San Diego. I can easily drive it with one finger. As you already know, something is wrong with your car.

I really hope you get it fixed properly, because this car is awesome to drive!
His financial loss will be made up in a few years when the Accord has a resale value that a Focus owner could only dream of.

Original poster it sounds like your second steering rack was a defective unit as well, or was installed incorrectly. I remember reading about a year ago when my car had the steering gear replaced that even if the replacement steering gear was good, if it is over-torqued during installation it will have the same issues. I was VERY concerned about this seeing that so many techs have no regard for proper torque specs.