Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Who Traded Down?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #103
Roadworthy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109039
What I Drive: 2012 SGM MK3 Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Roadworthy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Coming from a 2006 Mazdaspeed6 Sport. In the garage right now as I'm still trying to sell it (winter sucks haha). Great car but I'd be tinkering, tuning (COBB tuner) and constantly talking about it. The 330hp/320+tq with a tune + AWD was saaaweeet!Was getting close to 150,000km and just needed less stress.

For the most part, very reliable and sweet sweet power and decent mpg. Loved the AWD as even with Pirelli All-seasons, it does waay better in the snow than the Focus with X-Ice2's

On the other side, my new FF is virtually the same engine (one of the reasons I went with it) but the DCT is the fun of manual without all the work (or the grinding lol) IMHO. Interior is def more high tech but not as lux as the Speed. Yes it is smaller in the headroom, back and trunk BUT it is also waaaay easier to drive and park. Even kinda fun to drive. With the MS3 RMM, push on the pedal and it really takes off! That kick with the dct on engagement with power awesome. Rear view sucks compared to the large rear windows in the speed.

I'm actually very happy with the focus as I've netted great MPG and received lots of compliments on both the interior and exterior. For me, this really is the most future forward looking car (MFT!) and will keep me updated for the next 5+ years :D